Old July 13th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Rabies Shots

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
John F. Eldredge wrote:
Bats are a fairly common vector for rabies, so some degree of
threat is still present, unless you have netting that would prevent
a bat from getting into the enclosure. Also, mice have been known
to carry rabies,

That's one of the reasons our crew still gets their rabies shot once
every 3 years.

Another good reason, if you ever have a rabies problem where you live.
We are not required to get rabies shots for our cats here. But if
there is a rabies scare, and we have one every few years, then cats
can pretty quickly get stuck in quarantine if they haven't had the
shots. That gets expensive.

I remember one time some friends of mine took up a collection to get a
couple of feral cats by their office into quarantine so they wouldn't
be put down. Someone kept them when they were released.

Jo