Old October 27th 17, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_3_]

Default Time for catacopter tours

On 2017-10-21 16:01:31 +0000, Community Kitties said:

"Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
welcome here."

"Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
Roadcat 1 clear."

"OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

[Ranger whispers into Francesca's ear after listening to his catellite phone]

Ok, kitties, minor change of plans. The Amud=ndson Scott kitties called
Ranger and expressed an interest in goint to Vostok Station with us.
We'll head for the South Pole Station and pick up their kitties, then
we'll land at Vostok Station.

[A few minutes later the catacopter touches down on the helipad at
Amundson-Scott South Pole Station. As soon as the skids touch down a
dozen kitties wearing heavy parkas dash from the nearby equipment
hangar to the catacopter. They climb inside and make themeselves
comfortable. A very large Maine Coon Cat starts meowing on the
intercom.]

"Hihi, efurry kitty! Hey dere, Zoot and Zack, long time not see! I'z
Homer, and I'z da cat ambassador of da Amundson Scott Station. We
bringed along a couple cases of nip vodka fur our comrades at Vostok.
Anyone care for a nip before we get dere?"

Francesca aims the catacopter towards Vostok Station. Since it's so far
away, she engages the teleporter and the copter emefges from a
shimmering wall of light just a mile or so from Vostok Station. The
radio operator at Vostok welcomes the copter and clears them to land.

Francesca sets the chopper down next to a maintenance shed. As soon as
the sound of the engines indicates that the rotors are slowing, a
kitty-sized door opens in the side of the shed and an inflatable tunnel
slinks out of the shed and inflates, leaving a tunnel licely protected
from weather leading from the copter to the shed. Ranger and Pipps take
the lead, showing everyone the way. As soon as the enter the
maintenance shed, a beautiful Russian Grey kitty welcomes Ranger and
Pipps.

"Ranger, Pipps, Dobro požalovat'"

"Dobryj den'!, Sergei! I'm glad to be back. These are guests from the
Antarctic kitty community, and from the online Community. We figured a
visit to your lovely home would be in order. And of course Homer is
along, with a good supply of nip vodka. I was wondering if ot might be
possible for those interested to visit Lake Vostok?"

Sergei: Da, Ranger, of course. [He turns to address the group] Welcome
everybody! This is Vostok Station. I am Sergei, and I am in charge of
keeping peace between us intelligent creatures and da hoomins. I
unndersand you wold like to see Lake Vostok. I'z sure you know that it
is ultra-pure, probably the purest, cleanest water on the planet. I am
pleased to announce that we haf a very nice submarine, with two trained
captains, Polina and Marina. And both of them are on duty today.

Which of you would like to take da submarine tour, and which of you
would like to enjoy da banquet first?"