Old October 25th 20, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

Default The Ball is weeks away and the locals have a small gathering

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 7:20:55 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Pit2nya wrote:

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 2:18:28 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
It's late afternoon after a long week. It would have been longer
without the help to get all the bamboo back so quickly.

As they look about, the elders are all satified and declare a small
festival type night with stories, music and games. Kittens, puppies
and little 2foots squeal with delight and scamper home to snag
'parti clothes'. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something that
feels like dressed up for a parti.

Others grab musical instruments or small ping-pong balls for a game
of paw-pong, a local favorite.

It's a bit like Jai-Lei but with the paw in a cup shape to hit the
ball about to one another. A sort of handball but with the object
to keep the ball going and matched to each others skill. There is
no point scoring. In the process though, they exercise the paw for
their awesome paw-greetings.

Noticing P2nya working over her books, a dapper middle aged kittah
invites her to share a plate of fingerling fish in fish sauce
graced by just a touch of nip. He's an Australian Mist cat, named
Milo.

P2nya doesn't look up for quite a while, but Milo is patient.
She then sniffs and notices the d-lishous fishy scent...
Wy Fangu, Milo, I'd be delighted!

As they hunker down to the same plate of saucy fish,
Pit2nya speaks after lapping and swallowing some sauce...
Tell me about yourself, Milo...

Milo (My Low) smiles. Oh I've been here all the life I really
remember. I remember some 2foots and my mother and siblings. I
remember they prised breeding females more than boys but I think they
prised me just because they were good people.

Anyways, somehow we got separated and here I am! I live with the
Master Fisher, her son, and another apprentice who just joined. She
says I just have to practice with spear fishing and I'll be a Master
Fisher.

He laughs, when the big tourist influx comes, we import delicacies to
feed them but when it's just us, we live off the land pretty much and
trade what we have a lot of, with those who have something else.
Tomorrow I bring both Apprentices with me to trade salted preserved
fingerlings for crayfish that is plentiful in their rivers. The next
village over from them dropped off some live fresh water mussels for us
to stock our lake with which we will also bring back.

Life here is pretty simple but rich with crafts and friends.

How is your life Lovely Lady?

You live an interesting life, Milo.

I yam an olny kitty, bekuz I like it dat way.
I live in da U.S.A. in da state ov Cattyfurnia, wiff mine Meowmee and PawPa.
Now-a-dayz it iz very quiet in mine life. Meowmee an Pawpa are retired
and now-a-days stay at home awlmost awlla da time.
Wen day do go owt, they wear masks on dere mowtz an noses.

I think that mine Meowmee loves the computer more den me, kuz she
spends so mutch time on it.

P2nya, AKA Sweety