Old February 19th 04, 12:40 AM
Mark Irvine

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Is there a reason why your gf doesn't free-feed her cats? Our cats get
wet food twice a day and have kibble available all the time. Most cats,
unlike dogs, will not over eat.

actually cats over eat all the time. A cat in good health that isn't

bored,
will only eat until he or she is full.. however, lots of cats will eat out
of boredom.. or if they have health issues, they can want to eat more than
they should. If your cats are in good health and aren't overweight, then
feel free to leave dry out all day..

Thanks for all your responses!

My experience of cats before Nina was the same. She came from the RSPCA and
initially would not leave my gf alone, to the point that it was difficult to
go *anywhere* without Nina following. She also will eat herself silly.
Even when they have just been fed she will want food, and does get a little
"plump" from time to time hence the feeder question. We do wonder if she
has been starved at some point? Feeding is not normally a problem as they
are fed wet food morning and evening and allowed to roam outside during the
day. The issue is if we are away for the weekend. If we put dry down I
think that Nina would have eaten the whole lot in the first few hours......
Any probably been sick!!

Mark