Old August 4th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Speaking of Microchips...

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
outsider wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Of course you can also update the information over the phone and
by snail mail. There *are* people who don't have computers

Jill

Frightening!

Even more frightening, a couple of people where I live BOUGHT
computers (nearly three months ago) at the insistence of family
members. Neither has even got hers hooked up yet (even for off-line
purposes), much less connected to the internet!

My brother kept saying he was going to get a cheap PC for my parents so they
could learn to do email, etc. I know a lot of elderly people who are quite
computer saavy. Mine wouldn't have bothered. It would have been just
another thing to dust.

John doesn't want to know anything about computers and that's a good thing
I do not have the patience to teach. (I still have no idea how I was so
good at telephonic tech support for so many years, although you can put
people on hold while you scream!)

Jill