Old September 11th 09, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default 8 years on

"Joy" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Cheryl typed:
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

And bless the hearts of the passengers of Flight 93 who lost
their lives taking control of the terrorists who were headed for The
White House.. The World has gone mad.
Thank you for posting this, Yowie

It seems no one remembers flight 93. Even tomorrow, Obama will be at
the Pentagon, and Biden will be in NYC. Who will be in Shanksville?

If it seems I had missed it out, my apologies. I do remember, and send
purrs to their family and friends for the incredibly couragous sacrifice
that was made that day too.

Yowie

Among other things, I think their courageous actions made commercial
flying safer today. Before that terrible day, commercial flights were
hijacked every so often. I don't think I've heard of a successful
hijacking since then. Those courageous passengers taught us how to behave
in the case of an attempted hijacking. That's why the shoe bomber and a
crazed passenger who tried to break into the cockpit of another flight
were stopped - because the passengers on those flights followed the
example of those on Flight 93.

Joy

Know what drives me nuts? People who bitch about the extra security
precautions in airports that were a result of 9/11. I don't mind having to
get to the airport an hour early. I don't mind having to take off my watch
and my shoes and my belt and walk through a metal detector. I don't mind
having my carry-on bags scanned or limited to a certain size and number. I
don't mind that I can't carry liquids onto a plane, or liquid/gel containers
like shampoo over a certain size. What I do mind is people had to die for
us to reach this place in airport security.

Jill