Old July 3rd 18, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Smokey tried to join me in MY bath!

On 6/30/2018 9:16 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock wrote:
I took her wash bucket to the bathroom to change the water, but she
heard the water running and followed me. So I gave her the bath on the
bath mat, as we've been here before.

I decided to have my bath since I was there anyway. Smokey zonked out on
my dirty clothes on the floor. I made the mistake of sitting up and
leaning over the edge to speak to her. The next thing I know she has her
paws on the edge of the tub looking at the water. Fortunately she has a
bit too much ballast to easily jump over the edge.

I showed her the water and told her she would not like it. But she still
tried to jump in from three different spots. I was just thinking about
cat, claws, water and my bits. So I ended my bath early.

I really have to fill a shallow pan with water for her next bath to see
what her reaction is.

Don't tell the other kitties, I'm afraid they'll kick her out of the
club. ;-)

My first cat Sweep (RB) used to love to play practical jokes on us. Sweep
often came into the bathroom and would chirp in greeting. One evening I
was relaxing in the bath with a good ghost story book when she leapt up
the side of the bath with a very loud meow. I jumped and dropped the book
into the bath. I looked at her, she was standing in the middle of the
bathroom looking at me with that grin (the one she always did when she'd
pulled off a trick).

That made me smile. Some cats are real tricksters!

I rarely laugh out loud, don't know why I just don't. Sweep hated water
but one day, I was in the shower and my husband came into the bathroom and
said something that made me go into a big fit of laughing (when I start I
can't stop) Sootie not only came into the bathroom to see what was
happening, she jumped into the shower with me to rub against my legs. This
of course made me laugh more but I had to stop because this little darling
was already soaked through. She thought there was something wrong as she
hadn't heard me laugh before.

Judith

Sweep to the rescue! I love it.

Jill