Old July 4th 11, 08:57 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health,uk.business.agriculture,sci.agriculture
George Plimpton

Default What's in pet food?

****wit David Harrison lied:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:36:31 +0100, wrote:

****wit David Harrison lied:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:57:18 +0100, wrote:

****wit David Harrison lied:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:52:51 +0100, wrote:

On 28/06/2011 21:21, George Plimpton wrote:

I did not benefit by being born. Once I *was* born, I was in a position
to receive benefits, but being born itself was not a benefit.

Thank you for giving me your time to explain so clearly my mistake. We
can only set the peg back to the instant where we were conceived.
Obviously, before that moment, we did not exist and could not receive
anything.

Yet you clearly appear to be benefitting from your existence

No.

I do benefit from my existence

That's only true if you would benefit just as well if you did not exist.

Gibberish - that was completely unintelligible gibberish.

What on earth *are* you getting at?

If your existence was not one of the benefits

It isn't.

Why do you talk such nonsense

I point out facts

You point out no facts - zero.

when
you *must* surely understand by now after 12 years how only living
experiential things can receive a benefit?

I already told you that even IF conception was not a benefit

No, not "even if" - it isn't, and existence is not a benefit - by
definition, ****wit. Existence is not a benefit, ****wit - you *know*
this to be true.

from the advantages I was given while
growing up.

You benefitted from your existence then too, even if it makes you
uncomfortable for some odd reason, and even if your zygote didn't litterally
benefit from the act of conception. LOL...would you feel comfortable explaining
to people that you don't believe you benefit from your existence because you
don't believe your zygote benefitted from the act of its own conception?

A zygote can't benefit by starting to exist either. It has to exist
before it can receive a benefit.

You need to explain what you want us to believe prevented conception from
being a benefit

Nope - *you*, ****wit, need to explain how it could be a benefit, but
you won't - you can't, and you have *admitted* that you can't. You're
just bull****ting now.

I didn't benefit from starting to exist because I had no
welfare before

Even though you only seem able to appreciate that you benefitted while you
were growing up IF you can appreciate that much, you still appear to be
benefitting.

Yes, by the advantages I gained yesterday - nourishment, wisdom and
love. Things that don't exist can't gain those advantages.

That's because existence is one of the benefits

No, ****wit - existence is *NOT* a benefit, by definition. You know this.

/They/, if we
can call /them/ that, or even /them/, can't benefit from anything until
/they/ exist.

Whether you actually are still benefitting or not, you need to
explain what it is about BEFORE that prevents you from benefitting now. Explain:

I have but you didn't listen apparently. There was no *BEFORE* for me
before I started to exist.

LOL! You want me to believe you don't benefit now, because there was no
before for you before you started to exist.

Correct, ****wit. A benefit is something that *improves* the welfare of
an entity. Before the entity exists, there is no welfare, and so
nothing to improve.

You know this, ****wit - you're just ****ing around pointlessly. It's
an indication of the ****ty quality of your existence. You exist in
****. Your life is ****.

You still appear to be benefitting and so do billions of others.

Nope. They aren't benefiting from existence, nor do they appear to be.

Yes but the benefits I received were available only after I started to
exist.

You still appear to be benefitting

*Not* from existence - no.

They had nothing to do with my pre-existence because I didn't
have one. Nothing did.

Don't let
it bother you though. It's really a good thing :-) It's good that people like
Goo can't make it impossible for any creature to benefit from a life of positive
value, simply by claiming something about pre-existence prevents it.

Who is Goo anyway?

Right now he's

"Goo" is you, ****wit - Goo ****wit David Harrison. Goo is short for
Goober, as in Stupid Goober, and that is you - it always has been.

Tidbit, if you're reading this, I labeled ****wit "Goober"/"Goo" over 10
years ago. He thought, incorrectly, that he could turn it back at me.
It failed, with the exception of another stupid moronic douchebag named
Ron Hamilton, a 40+ year old janitor in Canada. No one else thinks Goo
refers to me - *everyone* else knows it's ****wit.

No don't answer that. I'm not interested in your
childish name-calling. Whoever this person is I get the feeling you're
not being entirely honest about what he claims.

He isn't.