Old December 8th 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default I guess everyone did flee to Facebook?

On 05/12/2018 13:01, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 12/4/2018 4:50 PM, ann wrote:
On 12/4/2018 4:17 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/4/2018 1:46 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week. Now
that I can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about
anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her
golf balls and other toys. Aside from not letting me set out a
silk flower arrangement without trying to eat it, things are fine
here.

Jill

I haven't had chance to log in for a few days but I am here.

I smiled when I imagined the battle you had to make your flower
arrangement.

Sootie is now fully in winter mode and is happily sitting on the
doorstep outside the patio not knowing she's to be anti-flead
tomorrow.

We had new interior doors three months ago but Sootie will not push
them open as she did the others. The doors are no heavier and surely
by now have begun so smell like home (I've even rubbed her blanket
on the doors) but she will sit outside a door and howl for as long
as it takes for us to open it for her. I'm going to try catnip
rubbed on them tomorrow after that I'm out of ideas. Any one got
another idea?

Judith

Cats are so odd! I have no ideas about how to get Sootie used to the
new doors. Good luck.

Jill
Have you tried showing her to push the door. I have to do that with
the cat flap in our bedroom door. I would push the flap open with a
cat standing in front of it to show it will move.

Ann

I had to show Buffy where the scratching post was so she wouldn't rip my
furniture to shreds. Maybe giving Sootie a visual about pushing open
the new doors would help. Cats seem to be a little resistant to changes.

Jill

I did that with the scratching post and she watched me on my knees
scratching the post and when I sat back for her to have a go she scratched
it like a professional and looked at me as if to say that's how to do it.

I have wondered if she just likes to get us to open it for her but she
does it when she's really desperate so who knows..... she's a cat.

Judith

I'd leave them just slightly ajar and after a while, more snugly into
the jamb so more firm pushing is needed, try that. I have the opposite
problem, the cats need to pull my door to go upstairs to one of their
litterboxes, it's Garfie's favoured one. Nelli can get the door open
easily, but she is bigger and heavier and doesn't mind using the
downstairs box. Garfie is not strong enough. I'm thinking of having a
cat door put in on the door to the stairs, as I have to keep it shut
during the winter as only the downstairs is warm. Or just insist Garfie
uses the downstairs box in the winter.
If Sootie can open the doors when she's desperate, that means she "can"
do it if she wants to, and I'd leave her to do it herself, tbh. She's
pulling your wire ;-)