Old January 1st 19, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Happy New Year 2019!

I have multiple pillows on my bed propped up against the headboard.
Last night I was asleep with my arm stretched above my head. I felt a
thump on the pillows above me. Buffy had gotten on the pillows above my
head (she rarely does that). She gave my fingers a lick and then
started rubbing her head on my hand! I guess she wanted some New Year's
scritches.

I'm starting the new year off right. I got a job as a receptionist -
excuse me, Customer Service Professional - (heh) at H&R Block. Some of
you might recall I worked there 10 years ago. At that time the
locations in this area were a franchise operation. The offices have
since been absorbed by corporate. As such, there are standard policies
and procedures in place. Frankly, things were a bit loosey goosey
before. I prefer a bit of structure. Chalk that up to having a US
Marine for a father. LOL

It's a seasonal position, just through tax season. But hey, I've been
looking for something at least part time for a while now. One can only
watch the cat sleep for so long, right? I'll be working at a
location much closer to my home which is nice. So thanks for the job
purrs, they worked!

Here's wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019!

Jill