Old January 1st 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Happy New Year 2019!

On 1/1/2019 10:21 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 1/1/2019 8:56 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I have multiple pillows on my bed propped up against the headboard.
Last night I was asleep with my arm stretched above my head.Â* I felt a
thump on the pillows above me.Â* Buffy had gotten on the pillows above
my head (she rarely does that).Â* She gave my fingers a lick and then
started rubbing her head on my hand!Â* I guess she wanted some New
Year's scritches.

I'm starting the new year off right.Â* I got a job as a receptionist -
excuse me, Customer Service Professional - (heh) at H&R Block.Â* Some
of you might recall I worked there 10 years ago.Â* At that time the
locations in this area were a franchise operation.Â* The offices have
since been absorbed by corporate.Â* As such, there are standard
policies and procedures in place.Â* Frankly, things were a bit loosey
goosey before.Â* I prefer a bit of structure.Â* Chalk that up to having
a US Marine for a father. LOL

It's a seasonal position, just through tax season.Â* But hey, I've been
looking for something at least part time for a while now.Â* One can
only watch the cat sleep for so long, right? Â* I'll be working at a
location much closer to my home which is nice.Â* So thanks for the job
purrs, they worked!

Here's wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019!

Jill

Happy New Year to you, too...and congratulations on the new job.

MaryL

Thanks, Mary! I hope you have a wonderful New Year! Are you still
painting?

Jill