Old January 7th 19, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Furminated

On 2018-12-26 3:19 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
For a short haired cat Buffy sure has a lot of fur!Â* She has a very
thick undercoat.Â* I just used the Furminator de-shedding tool on her
(she loves it!Â* I highly recommend it).Â* It was long overdue.Â* I swear
I collected almost enough fur to knit another cat.

She always feels so good after this.Â* She purrs like mad.Â* Now she's
batting around a golf-ball sized bright orange whiffle ball and
dashing all over the place.Â* Apparently it feels good to lose that
excess fur.

It's not as if she needs a winter coat.Â* We live in southern South
Carolina.Â* The temps are in the 60's (farenheit) here at the end of
December.

Buffy's happy, I'm happy I am not seeing fluffs of fur wafting every
time I pet her.Â* Win win.

My first long-haired cat was Cinnamon. Is Cinnamon, actually. She's a
gorgeous cat, and quite generous with her fur. This photo doesn't really
do her justice.

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~cperkins/cinnamon.html

A friend of mine adopted her first long-haired cat a few years back.
Jake is a big fellow - not fat, but tall and long. He can easily stand
on his hind legs and wrap his front paws around a door handle, although
he prefers his slav....humans to open doors for him. And he's got more
fur than Cinnamon does. He lives in a two-story house, and is
particularly good at depositing belly fur on the stair carpet as he goes
up and down.

Beautiful!

Jill