Old January 20th 19, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Cats are Not Anti-Social

On 1/18/2019 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Scientific study (and personal experience) proves, cats are not
anti-social:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...=.116157365ea3

or:

https://tinyurl.com/yamw6dwe

The crux of the matter seems to be "If you think cats are antisocial,
maybe it's you."Â* LOLÂ* How true!

IMHO, a cat will always respond to attention.Â* It might not want to
crawl up in bed with you, and it may not wag it's tail when you come
home (or maybe it will! Buffy does).Â* But a cat always appreciates
scritches and hi, how are you?

I don't know why studies like this are a surprise to anyone.Â* Cats are
only as aloof as you want them to be.

Jill

I agree. Every cat I have had (many!) has shown a love for attention.
All of them have also given lots of love to me. Nikki and Selina (the
two I have now) follow me everywhere, and Nikki often jumps up onto my
lap. I think that people who consider cats antisocial probably have
never given love and attention to a cat.

MaryL