Old June 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Abelard is still struggling to get well

Glad to hear that Abelard is on the mend. Purrs and good health
wishes for him to continue to improve. As a suggestion, you might
try putting the capsule contents inside of a pill pocket. He might
actually like that. I tried mixing with water once and my cat foamed
everywhere. I guess it tasted awful! Pill pocket worked better.

Debbie

On Jun 24, 11:06*pm, "Pat" wrote:
He's back on antibiotics because I don't think the ear infection ever
cleared up completely, the bottom of the back of his ear is bare of fur and
slightly reddened from scratching and his balance is still not right. He has
definitely improved and is eating and drinking well, but not gaining back
much of the lost weight. We may have to try a different drug in a week or
so. He's still impossible to pill so I am mixing he capsule contents with
water and giving it via syringe.

One change since I started taking him outside, now he wants to be taken out
constantly and will slip out the front door given the slightest opportunity.
I've fashioned a very long leash from clothesline rope and he will spend the
whole afternoon roaming the yard on the end of that line while I work on the
fence.