Old March 29th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Adrian re Wanadoo

Steve Touchstone wrote
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:22:11 -0000, "Adrian A"
wrote:

I don't blame you, trouble is most big companies seem to act the same way.
I've heard rumours Tiscali are planning to follow suit, I expect their
customers will be the last to know as well. :-(

Along a similar thread, last summer my cell phone company "UPGRADED"
the voice mail service. Well and good, I have no problem with upgrades
which improve service. The problem was that they did it without
warning anyone that customers with older cell phones would no longer
be able to access their voice mail. People would call, leave me a
message, and I couldn't retrieve it, in fact my phone couldn't even
access the mail box to tell me a message had been left. I finally
found out when people started asking me why I didn't answer messages.

Don't get me started on upgrades and organisations.

One of my banks has "upgraded" their website.

Result: cannot download account information any more.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome