Old July 6th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default anyone heard from Hopitus?

"MatSav" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
... My doctors said I would die in a few weeks but they never knew the
power of rspca ...

A bit of a Freudian typo there, surely? Most of us will know yor attitude
towards the RSPCA.

Whoops, yes! I mean this group of course

The RSPCA don't have any legal powers beyond those available to Joe
Public - but they like to style themselves as "The Animal Police".
Examples are given he
http://the-shg.org/The%20Law%20and%20the%20RSPCA.htm.

I am not saying that they don't do some good work where real animal cruelty
is involved, but they can be very heavy handed and intimidating when it is
not necessary. Most people believe what they like to portray, that they
have powers akin to the police - they don't.