Old July 12th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Ticked off, but should I be? (OT)

On Jul 12, 3:48*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
hopitus wrote:

Since you asked....yes, I believe you have a perfect right to be
annoyed by the
behavior of your mother's longtime tax preparer (whatever her
qualifications are)
but have no advice re dealing with IRS re the issues she caused with
them, or
those your mother caused with them.
As previously stated, people in my family do not live long enough to -
as the
saying goes - be a problem to their family. Unless you enjoy traveling
to and
from this military island in SC, if I were in your shoes your mother
wiould be
brought to *your* choice of living area so she will not be the prey of
locals there.

Actually, she's not on a military island *I wouldn't be concerned if she
was. *She and Dad built a house on one of the islands near where he retired,
21 years ago. *I've got no room in my apartment for her back home. *She
doesn't need to be in a nursing home. *And I can't see having her move into
1 bedroom with a shared guest bath in my brother's house. *He travels a lot
but even when he doesn't he works about 60 hours a week. *She might as well
be by herself here rather than move into that scenario.

It's no skin off my nose to be here taking care of her. *Got nothing better
to do since I haven't had any luck finding a job back there.

You've got a great attitude, then. Your mom is very fortunate that she
is able to
stay at home, and you're the one making that possible.
Dad is not ambulatory, and is not lucid much of the time. He is still
a big guy, 6 foot 4 and over 200 lbs. It just takes nursing
professionals to care for him. I am grateful that we finally found a
nursing home that's actually a "place to live." The other two we tried
were "a place to die", and that was so obvious. Some others we looked
at were so awful I can't even describe.
He has medicare, and a good supplement. All the hospital bills were
paid at 100%, plus 100 days of long-term nursing care. AFter that,
you're on your own, unless you have an individual, private "long term
care" policy.
Anyway, I'm glad you and Persia have settled in. This could really be
a precious time for you and your mom to spend together., too.

Sherry