Old November 14th 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kitten

Default 6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

Thank you.
Back in the 80's, Vicky, a chocolate burmese with a very dominant but also
very loving character towards his human, also enjoyed the pillow.
But it was mostly cause he had decided to sit on top of my head, he loved my
hair, nothing could move him and I wasn't allowed to move or I'd get kitty
slapped.
Some strange hat [very big, very heavy and very loud] that cat made, but he
also gave me some cherished memories like this one.
On 11/8/2018 1:20 PM, joy wrote:
On 11/7/2018 7:14 PM, Kitten wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, thought I'd give it a try - need some cheering up, as
much as
the cats excell at this, some human comfort would be welcome too.
I am crazy about cats, all have been rescues, I can not fault them -

the
only time I'm unhappy with them is when they fall sick.
So, at most I lived with 13 cats, 12 cats for years, time passes and

now
I've got only 6 furry funny creatures keeping me company.
Anecdotes are plentyfull, where to start, maybe with my favourite boo

Kitten (one of his many nicknames) is a 10 year old ginger fat cat, the
youngest of the family, and we are co-dependant.
He joined the family accidently - first he was so sick when we found
him he
was not supposed to survived, then we thought we'd give him away

but....
He got into this habit of *having* to sleep on my face - accross my
face, on
my cheek, any way he could, but if I moved he would sleep in my arms
in bed
or where his human's fidgeting would not interfere with his many

snoozes.
Then I had to leave him for a week [funerals far away from home].
Our first night back home was different, the little darling monster

must
have thought he was abandonned again, he *had* to sit accross my entire
face: I couldn't see, I couldn't move, I couldn't breath!
But this cat could not be moved, it's like he made himself as heavy as
possible [he hadn't reached his present 6kgs+ but still], as if he was
hanging on for dear life, "fighting" him about this seemed pointless

and
almost cruel.
I now learnt how to position my face to have one nostril free to make

us
both happy, I guess it was a matter of survival for both of us in a

way.
We have our routine now, different positions depending if I'm lying on

my
back or on my side...I can't tell if it's endearing, funny, pathetic or
else...
Regarless, we can't sleep without each other now and I've never had a
better
bed companion - no need for sleeping pills if I have a Kitten.
One of the downsides is my body seems to have associtated "Kitten on
face"
with "must be very still and sleep".
So now, even if I'm not sleepy, after a few minutes of cat face cuddle,

fall asleep, whether I need to get up or not....
Second and last concern, I've had to take another one of my other
companions
to bed with me now{HC-story for later if anyone's interested}, and she

is
trying to copy him, as if "this must be the best place to sleep", but
she's
not as gracefull, she tries to climb my face as if it was some sort of
furniture (?), she has no problem trying to shove her foot in my mouth

climb (oh yuk yuk yuk), she's clumsy and persistent AND Kitten will

only
tolerate sharing *his* space if he has the prime spot - ie, all my
face but
one cheek where HC is happy to reside eventually..
All you can see is a lump under the blankets and one (or two cats)
where a
human head should be...
Crazy cats, crazy human...
Take care everyone, cats, humans and poorly humans: recover soon, I do
not
know you but send you my best wishes for a prompt recovery.
Thank you for your patience with this human.

Welcome! My cats sleep on my bed, but not on my face.

Same here. Selina sleeps curled up on one of my pillows, and Nikki
curls up behind my knees.

Welcome, and keep up the stories.

MaryL