Old November 15th 18, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default OT Stupid Tech Guy or Strangers in your Home when you have Cats

On 2018-11-15 11:55 a.m., Mishi wrote:

I don't think Kitten is in the US. Here, if we own our home, we don't need to let ANYONE in to 'inspect' it. They would be told to bugger off, and get a warrant if they think it is necessary. If you rent, it is a different matter, and even then, the landlord has to make an appointment that is agreeable to you for it. You don't have to let them in if they just show up.

I'm not in the US, but I think even there, in some more institutional
settings, there may be agreements in place to allow/require inspections,
but no, it's not normally the situation that you have to allow such
things. Well, another exception would be if the local city or town
authorities were concerned about whether the place was fit for
occupancy. They'd probably have the authority to require inspections.

At one point, my home insurance company required "voluntary and free"
safety inspections by one of their employees. Either it was an unpopular
or expensive option, because it didn't happen very often. No doubt I
could have refused access, but I was afraid I'd be put in the position
of finding a new insurance company (not that they threatened that) so I
went along with it.

--
Cheryl