Old November 3rd 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Need advice about water

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message

Has anyone ever used a watering system similar to the bottle and tube
device used for rabbits and ferrets to provide water for their cats?
Rosco and Meeka are creating a serious water hazard at our house. We
want to make sure there is water for everyone but the kittens insist
on water dancing. Right now Rosco is dancing in the smallest bowl of
a nesting mixing bowl set. Only two feet will fit inside but he's
prancing his two feet up and down and spilling the water. The second
bowl is a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and Meeka had her two feet in
there swirling the water around in a circle. I've never seen anything
like this! We have to provide water for everyone but the kittens are
making it difficult. Now, as soon as you quit laughing I would
appreciate any suggestions.

I have no advice, but feel our pain. I have a barekitten who is also a
waterbaby, and he dances in water alot too. Unfortunately he was also born
with thumbs and a keen cunning.... despite being strictly NOT ALLOWED into
the bathroom or kitchen with supervision, he is often found in either of
those rooms, with the taps running, water all over the floor, and his 'fur'
sopping.

When the weather is warm enough, his favourite thing to do is go outside,
play with the hose and pour water from one container to another.
Unfortunately, we're still under water restrictions and technically running
the hose like that is against the law, so we don't let him do it very often.

I can only pray that yours - like mine - eventually grow out of it.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.