Old August 29th 15, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Gang violence

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote:

Yesterday my pint-size Calico was being harassed by my usually timid
and fun male cat. The hard-core feral was near him. He jumped on the
front end of the Calico and the feral immediately jumped on her
backend. Of course I stopped it. The feral is worthless as a pet, so
that stuff won't be tolerated. I'll be watching her.

No ferals are worthless, they just have a bad start. How about
catching him and getting him neutered? It will improve his life plus
he won't be a nuisance to your own cat afterwards.

It's easy to act holier-than-thou here on the Internet.

Have you ever sheltered a hard-core feral? They (at least this one) are
worthless as a pet. The only potential pleasure you can derive is seeing
it get along with other cats and knowing that it's not starving, being
poisoned, or at risk of sudden or tortuous death while it's living
through physical hell outside.

It was starving outside. It was so hungry that it came inside my door
for food (that's how I caught it). If you were familiar with this cat,
you would know how terrified it was to come inside. After eight years of
taking care of it, I still cannot even look at it without it running
back up into its loft. But I can leave the front door open and go away,
and it will not leave.

I don't know if it's just feral or if it has some psychosis, but it's
hard-core whatever it is. If anything in its environment changes, it
will not move for days or longer. Its eyes look slightly crooked. Maybe
somebody bashed it over the head with a hammer.