Old June 4th 05, 05:38 PM
Hopitus

Okay...Megan, if you can do so on webtv (I don't really understand it) type
up "Denver Post" (a newspaper) and when its masthead comes up, click
"comics" in the many choices on left. On link will be Sally Forth's picture,
and if you click on it, you can see today's strip (I dunno if you can go
backwards datewise).
Now: I have been a regular @ this strip for years. IMHO
the only child daughter, Hilary, is one rotten spoiled brat
whose parents cater to her every whim unless she wants something really
dangerous. I base this on *years* of reading their adventures. Yes, the
daughter whined her way into an intended "romantic getaway" her parents
planned for themselves (evidently they have big trouble saying "no" to
Hilary in general - Hilary is clever and obnoxious) and I was thinking an
interesting alternative to them nixing Kitty's expensive surgery would
indeed be Hilary's offering to forego her Paris trip w/parents to pay for
surgery of Kitty! Kitty didn't eat nor use litter box for 5 days before they
noticed (we all know Kitty would be dead by then but evidently cartoonist is
ignorant of this)
; I have always thought this cartoonist is extremely pedantic and the
lessons he/she tries to lay on us, the readers, are often heavy-handed and
kept on and on until you wanna barf (especially Sally in her office
environment). Personally I'd love to give the brat a good
buttwarming when she manipulates her "duh" parents so
skillfully.

wrote in message
I don't get the paper and only can see the strip online and even then it
only goes up until May 21 or 22. What I caught in a glance from previous
strips is that taking the daughter to Paris was being discussed. Did
that become a plan? If so, maybe what will happen is that the daughter
will sacrifcie the trip to Paris to pay for the kitty's surgery? I can
only speculate here...

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke