Old July 16th 03, 01:37 PM
Homeless Cat Rescue

Nord Stjern wrote:
Homeless Cat Rescue wrote ...

Our problem is that these poor guys so badly need nourishment and they
have terrible diarrhea (liquidy and white).

If they're eating well, I wouldn't change their diet again - if they
are not eating well, try adding some Hills a/d, a high calorie &
nutrient food. Have they been tested for coccidia? This also causes
severe diarrhea and is easily treated with Albon.

Good luck!

Nordstjern

They seem to be doing better now, they still have diarrhea but the color
is improving. They now have nice round bellies after they eat and don't
feel quite so frail. It will probably take a few more days before the
stomachs settle down and I know the Clavamox causes diarrhea as well.

As for tests, I was not the one that took them to the vet so I don't
know for sure what was done, or not done.

They are eating very well, they current recive a gruel mixture of;
1 TBSP KMR milk replacer powder
2 TBSP Rice cereal pablum powder
Water to form thick paste from above ingredients
1/2 can MediCal Development Cat Food, mixed in with paste

The four of them are currently consuming 3-4 bowls of this each day. In
addition they have water and Royal Canin Babby Cat pellets that they are
just starting to eat.

It is nice to see them improving and the one in the worst shape actually
has the best appetite and is also improving well. I am not quite so
worried about their survival now.

-Troy