Old August 4th 03, 05:14 PM
No One But Me

just because something is not your world view does not make him wrong for
his world view. all you have control of is your world not his. quit trying
to control the whole world & you'll be a whole lot happier.

although i do not agree with a lot of what brenchley writes, based on my own
personal experience, I agree with allowing cats outdoors. of my own 11 cats,
7 are allowed to go outside (1 of them is even declawed). i would not dream
of keeping them indoors only. they would not be happy there. whatever i wish
for my cats, i wish them to be happy. of the other 4 cats, 2 are kittens who
will never go out (destined for declawing both of them), 1 is an adult tabby
who has never gone out (& is declawed), and 1 is kept indoors for his own
protection. he is not the brightest bulb in the package so he is not allowed
outside. besides, at 3 he still has not learned to come when he is called,
everytime he is called ... & that is a big requirement for going outside.
the other 7 always come when they are called ... every single time they are
called. my ultimate goal with all my pets is their happiness not my
happiness. i guess i'm just not that selfish by nature.

barbara

"L. Kelly" wrote in message
. ca...
| I wanted you to know bewtifulfreak that I really appreciate your

common
| sense. Trying to carry on a intelligent conversation with Bob is not
| possible. But thanks for trying!
|
| Thank you, Mogie, that means a lot to me. I realized that right from

the
| start, and intend to stop trying. I usually do okay at ignoring people

like
| that - and plonking him will make it that much easier - but when people
| can't disagree without making personal attacks, it just seems to bring

out
| the avenging angel in me, LOL! But clearly, Bob is not into common

sense,
| and nothing I can say will stop him making his unmitigated judgements

about
| the allegedy sickness, selfishness, or cruelty of all you wonderful

folks in
| the group. Like Dear Abby (or was it Ann Landers?) once said, trying to
| reason with an alcoholic is like trying to blow out a lightbulb, and

trying
| to discuss anything with Bob is exactly the same!
|
| Ann

As a further note in trying to reason with Bob.....I read a quote today

that I think fits
him perfectly and thought that I would share it will all who are

interested.

"How much easier it is to be critical, than to be correct." ... Benjamin

Disraeli

In the debate on whether or not to keep a cat strictly indoors, or let it

have some
outdoor freedom, there really is no "right" or "wrong." I feel that the

cats will let the
slaves know if they are unhappy. As long as the cats are fed, loved, happy

and healthy,
the slave should have the right to chose what is "good" for their cat.

In rural areas, with fewer dangers...let your cats have some freedom. In

the city,
wrought with every kind of evil you can imagine, use your best

judgement...and let your
kitties always be your guides in what that decision is.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*