Old August 5th 03, 07:02 PM
No One But Me

just because people disagree with you, kaeli, doesn't mean they are wrong.
your world view is your world view and you do not have the right to draw the
lines for the whole world. the only portion of the world you can change is
your little world view. gawd! i'm glad i have the RIGHT to do with my animal
as i please & no one else gets a say.

FYI, the declawed cat that goes out is not one i declawed. that one was
abandoned in the front yard in a city 350 miles from my home by an owner who
just up and moved & left him there to fend for himself. my daughter rescued
him & brought him to me. and those were good folks just like you. so don't
talk to me about selfish. i have 11 cats, nine of which were other people's
throwaways. Nine of which were abandoned by good folks just like you. i
would say they're lives are infinitely better now than they were before
their owner just threw them out, even if they were declawed by me. in order
to have a home, food in your bowl, water to drink, regular medical care, and
an owner to take care of them & love them, prices have to be paid. i don't
think my cats hate the price (declawing) they paid for a home. they seem
very happy to me. and they would never leave with someone else. that someone
else would have to come into my yard & take them. they wouldn't go
willingly.

there's no end of people who try to draw the lines for the whole world. now
that's selfish & self-centered.

Barbara

"kaeli" wrote in message
In article ,
enlightened us with...
just because something is not your world view does not make him wrong

for
his world view. all you have control of is your world not his. quit

trying
to control the whole world & you'll be a whole lot happier.

although i do not agree with a lot of what brenchley writes, based on my

own
personal experience, I agree with allowing cats outdoors. of my own 11 c

ats,
7 are allowed to go outside (1 of them is even declawed). i would not

dream
of keeping them indoors only. they would not be happy there. whatever i

wish
for my cats, i wish them to be happy. of the other 4 cats, 2 are kittens

who
will never go out (destined for declawing both of them), 1 is an adult

tabby
who has never gone out (& is declawed), and 1 is kept indoors for his

own
protection. he is not the brightest bulb in the package so he is not

allowed
outside. besides, at 3 he still has not learned to come when he is

called,
everytime he is called ... & that is a big requirement for going

outside.
the other 7 always come when they are called ... every single time they

are
called. my ultimate goal with all my pets is their happiness not my
happiness. i guess i'm just not that selfish by nature.

barbara

You aren't selfish enough to keep them in, but you'll amputate the last
digit on the toes, a procedure that is painful, can be debilitating, and
has no benefits to the cat whatsoever?

Yeah, okay. You keep on telling other people how selfish they are.

~kaeli~
Found God? If nobody claims Him in 30 days,
He's yours to keep.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any
more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace