Old May 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Pet Zoom, Product review

You've probably seen it on TV ads, especially at night, a pet groomer that
is supposed to remove loose under-hair, dirt, and tangles. Suggested value
at $79.95 but as a special TV offer you can get it at only $9.95. (Have you
ever wondered where they get the suggested values for their products? Me
too.)

Well I saw a Pet Zoom at Wal-Mart priced at the stated $9.95 and picked one
up, figuring that if it didn't work on the pets, it might work on my thatch.
Well, guess what, I won't get to use it for me. The animals love it.
Merlin rubs his cheek against it. Miss Calico Girl not only rubs her cheek
against it but lifts into elevator butt mode and jerks her head back and
forth in ecstasy. Speedy groans and moans with happiness. and these are
the short haired members of the clowder. QC will roll over so that one can
groom her tummy. Hermione, who is a professional burr collector, looses her
burrs with out a complaint.

How well does it work? VERY Speedy looks much sleeker and is not shedding
all over the living room as much as before. QC is currently tangle free. I
removed enough loose under-hair/fur from MCG that I could have donated fur
for a skein of yarn. MCG has the shortest fur of the lot and the hardest to
brush without getting polite complaints.

So, before Mandy Lynn and Mike move to Seattle with my grand kittens next
month, I need to get them a Pet Zoom. I also need to get one for me as
Mandy Kae has mine in protective custody in her room and won't let me have
it back. She says I might lose it. Sigh. Huey really could use a good Pet
Zooming and I can't get to the Zoomer.

Pam S.