Old May 20th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Pet Zoom, Product review

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if you mean the zoom groom mine love it, between that and the
furminator, we are almost getting the fur in the air under
control, Lee

Nope, this is literally called the Pet Zoom. The opinions of my
clowder on the zoom groom are mixed. Some hate it a lot, some
hate it a little, and the rest like it. Huey is the only one who
really doesn't like the Pet Zoom, and, of course, he is the one we
need it for the most. He let me groom him with it, but he also
growled, rolled, and dived at the grooming end and bit it. Tanada
complained, but made sure that I could get all those pesky loose
hair on her back. Merlin still loves it, as do Pine Cone, QC, and
Hermione.

I thought you meant the Zoom Groom and was a bit worried about how
much it was supposed to cost!
So how does the Pet Zoom differ from the Zoom Groom? Can you
describe how it works?
Boyfie rarely needs grooming as he keeps himself pristine and always
looks nice but I got it out today because he was fed at 9 a.m. and
was moaning that he was starving at 3.15 p.m. Every time I got up
from my chair he rushed to his bowl and I told him "no, not yet" -
he does understand that but he is such a greedy cat that sometimes
he will not take no for an answer. He kept miaowing and headbutting
me like I could not notice he was about to expire through
malnutrition.
So after about the 4th time when I had to go into the kitchen, I
just got out the Zoom Groom when he went to his bowl, and groomed
him with it. He has never particularly liked being groomed and I
did not want to reinforce his idea that if keeps on and on I will
give him more food than I know he needs.
He accepted the Zoom Groom very well, rolled around amiably when I
was running the rubber fingers through his fur - and I got quite a
lot out because I guess he's doing his spring shedding. It will
save him from some hairballs.
He sat outside afterwards with a confused look. He was expecting me
to feed him again but got groomed instead. I doubt he will try
that again ;-)
He does not know I have a lot of experience with manipulative dogs.
Every time he tries wailing about "more food" which he doesn't need
as he is plenty chunky already, he will get groomed which is good
for him, but not what he intends.
I did give him a nice treaty very small tin after he was groomed.
It was one of Kitty's. He ate it and still went out into the garden
in a huge huff that I had not understood that he needs to eat far
more often and much nicer things.
I understand perfectly well that he has a huge appetite and would
easily get obese if I let him, but I won't. "He" does not
understand why he cannot eat what he wants, when he wants.
He has no medical issues. He does not have worms. He's just very,
very greedy.
The idea of grooming him when he keeps asking for more food which he
does not need will stop when he realises he is not going to get
more.

It is not what he wants, of course, he appeals to my soft side by
insisting he is so hungry. He is not. He has plenty. If I took
him to the vet he would say it wouldn't hurt for him to lose a
couple of pounds.
He isn't fat but overwintering on the sofa in bad weather needs him
to get out more. Which he is and he will soon be lean and fit.
He caught a small mowsie yesterday morning. He brought it back to
the house to see if I wanted it. I said "no, thank you. I've just
had some toast."
So he ate it himself.

Tweed

The pet zoom in a brush with retractable (self cleaning) bristles. I
paid half that for a similar brush last year and the cats love it.

Kayla and I got a furminator for Christmas, and it is wonderful. It
doesn't stop her shedding all over everything, but does cut down on it
by about 2/3. The cats like it too, but it seems to take too much fur
off them.

Jo