Old May 30th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default (Way OT) Arachnophobia

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

There was a (much bigger) spider
sitting by the baseboard. I hate to kill them, I really do. But, with a
sigh, I got out the bug spray and blasted it.

EEEEEEEK! A gazillion teeny tiny baby spiders started swarming off this
thing! OMG! How freaky!

Jill

- - - - - - - - - - - -

That same thing happened to me years ago. It was a rather horrifying sight,
even though I am not afraid of spiders. It was just so unexpected (and
freaky, as you said).

An exterminator once told me that spiders can only be killed by contact
insecticides. I actually like having spiders outdoors because most are
harmless and can even be beneficial. They are pretty good at getting rid of
unwanted insects themselves. I don't like them in the house, though. If
it's just one or two, I try to trap them and put them outdoors. I did *not*
suddenly see an influx of spiders, even after the episode of tiny spiders
swarming off its mother, so you may find the same thing to be true. If you
start having more of a problem, you possibly could vacuum them up (using a
vacuum hose and not the "sweeper" part), then empty the bag or cannister
outside.

MaryL