Old May 30th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default (Way OT) Arachnophobia

On May 30, 7:52*am, Sherry wrote:
.. Tarantulas are creepy just because of their sheer
size.

But can have unusual uses....where we used to live was a bad area for
gangs of kids who did things like throwing a door at me from the 5th
floor balcony (If something hadn't made me look up I wouldn't be
writing this)/ripping the head of a pigeon thse little charmers had
just airgunned then shoving it head and all through someones letter
box... you get the picture

The lady next door had a Mexican bird eating spider called "Lyon" (Cos
he was always "Lying still"- must have been a cat in a previous life
and hadn't got out of the habit of extensive napping) and the kids
used to yell abuse at her whilst demanding to come in and see her
"Tarantula" didn't seem to occur to them that abusing her was not
likely to achieve a result and anyway even if they'd asked nicely no
way was she going to invite them in- it would have been a lot easier
to just dump her stuff on the pavement and ask them to take it all way
'cos that's what they would have done if she'd let them in..One day we
were standing outside and a gang of these kids came up and started
asking us if we'd perform acts of a sexual nature (I am being polite
here) and generally threatening us and she said "Do you wanna see my
spider?"so they started saying they did not believe she had a spider
so she calmly reached into her pocket and took out a Band Aid box-
their general opinion was no way did this fornicating female dog (As I
say I am being polite) keep her imaginary spider in a Band Aid
box..She opened the box and tilted it slightly and out came some very
long hairy legs.....followed by the spiders face....at this point the
whole lot of them ran off screaming.....

She never had any trouble with them again as none of them obviously
knew all spiders moult their exoskeleton and what she had was the
shell from Lyon's last moult

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs