Old July 18th 08, 10:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT - Recognize These Symptoms?

Enfilade wrote:
I really appreciate everyone's answers.

Medication: I have been on asthma medication for the past year. It
has done a lot of wonderful things for me including removing chest
pain, reducing my required sleep from 10-14 hours a night to 8-10,
allowing me to walk at the same pace as my friends, etc. Other that
that and birth control, no.

Menopause: gods, at 30?? (and it's not that I can't recognize
colours, more that I can't tell for "sure" if a stop light is "on" or
not. Yeah, I can guess with 95%-98% accuracy, but it feels bad
"guessing" and running reds if I guess wrong. That only happened
twice, but it scared me. This is why I only drive short distances,
when I'm very well rested and feel I can focus 100% on driving, in low
traffic times, daylight, and good weather only.)

Dreaming: I dream if left alone to sleep as much as I naturally want
to sleep. I have no problem sleeping 8 am to 3 pm and have awesome
dreams (PROVIDED the phone or something else doesn't wake me up). I
dream the most in the last hour or two before waking on my own. If I
am woken up by an alarm clock, phone, or person, then if I dream, I
don't remember it.

Body: Not that I noticed other than my left hand, which lost feeling/
grip 4 years ago, was mostly dead for about 7 months, and continues to
occasionally tingle, spasm, go dead for a minute, or get pins-and-
needles, particularly if I bend my arm or put any pressure on the
elbow.

Job: I'm really torn here. I love the hotel, but it's part time
minimum wage. My clinic job is twice the hours for over triple the
pay. I don't know if I can make a go of it on 120 dollars a
week...certainly not without making DP pay all the rent, all the car
costs, and forgoing any luxury purchases beyond groceries, cat litter,
etc. I've been looking for a fulltime job for over five months. As
for the clinic, they had several people not work out, I was a last
minute addition from a hiring agency, hence why I only have 3 days of
training before the prior person leaves on mat leave (she's about
ready to pop!) and they were really hard up. I don't know if the
agency will place me again if I back out of this. I also don't want
to say "this isn't working" after 2 days, . I want to give it at
least a week, but you are right--someone is better than no one and if
I feel I can't do it long term, I will at least cover until they find
someone new.

Sharon: I hope it's that easy.

Long term: First, DP blamed the stress of the crummy law job. Then,
when I was out of work, not only did i have less stress, but losing
things around the house (lately I'm losing drinks (non alcoholic--very
rarely have alcohol)...DP comes home to find 3 or 4 mugs around the
house as I forget I have a drink, can't find a drink, etc and get
another one, leading to a houseful of half consumed mugs of juice,
pop, etc), mixing up my toys in my toy collection or forgetting their
names, thinking something's a bill when it's really a receipt, etc--a
little strange but not hurting anyone, right? Not till the stove
incident. Now, suddenly, I'm faced with this new job, and it matters
if I don't know the difference between a credit and debit card, or mix
up people's appointment books or lose files. And unlike my last job
in Halifax...another law job where I did very well....I don't have a
lawyer always over my shoulder (basically he couldn't use a computer,
and would doublecheck everything as I did it because he was hanging
around behind me telling me what he wanted done word-for-word, so we
fixed both our problems that way.) I think myself and Stephen's
working relationship, while great for both of us, was sort of
"compensating" for any perception issues I had, and think I likely did
have, way back in early 2007 already.

--Fil

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Fil }}}}}}}}}}}} Lots of purrs that what ever is wrong can be
easily treated, this is very worrying.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart