Old April 8th 05, 09:45 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:08:18 GMT, "icedog"
wrote:

I am at home all day with Chloe so whenever she needs to go she indicates
and I let her into the garden, leaving her out until she indicates to come
in.
She has developed a habit of coming in then, when I am not around
going to her litter tray, doing nothing, but scrapping all the litter out
onto the carpet. Sometimes I have to clear up after her 3/4 times a day.
It is hurting me 'cos I have had a stroke, 2 heart attacks and a hiatus
hernia. Clearing up is a painful effort and getting beyond me. She is not a
kitten, almost 10 years old so why? No feline psychotherapists please.
How deep should the litter be?

You can get a tray that has a shield around it. She might just be over
enthusiastic when it comes to digging. Chase likes his litter very
deep, but without the shield, he shoots the litter right out of the
box.

I would have at least a couple inches of litter. If you use scoppable,
then deeper helps prevent the litter clumps from sticking to the
bottom of teh box. Some cats prefer shallow and some prefer deep, so
part of it is trial and error.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography