Old March 30th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Facebook (Again)

"Bobble" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote in
:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Early this morning I got a flood of emails/copies of posts from
members of the rpca facebook group. This has never happened to me
in the past. In fact, I thought I'd deactivated my account last
year. I've deactivated it again.

To those whose FB accounts sent me purr requests... of course you
have them. But please understand. I don't use FB. I don't like
FB.

Jill

There's deactivate and delete. To delete it completely, you have to
fly through rings and hoops to accomplish it. I think you're gone
now because
I got a message that we were no longer "friends".

Bobble

How kind of FB to inform you we're no longer friends! Yet another
reason to dislike FB. It's not the members I dislike, it's FB
itself. I still like you!

Jill

Speaking of Facebook, is there anybody here who can tell me if it's
possible to send a private message to a "friend"? I got a notice that
one of my "friends" is having a birthday this week. I don't recognize
the name. I have a number of friends from this group whose names I
don't know, but when I saw a list of mutual friends, I realized they
must be from here. However, there are only two mutual friends with
this person. One is from this group, but another is a Toastmaster.

I'd like to go through my list and, if I can't figure out how I know
the person, send them a message that didn't appear on Facebook, asking
how I know them or if they'd mind if I "unfriend" them. I don't want
to hurt anybody's feelings by just "unfriending" to start with.

Joy

Very easy. Click on that friends' name, now look upper right and you'll
see "message". Click that, and a window will open, pre-addressed, for
you to write a private message, then click "send". When you receive a
message, the icon (upper left) between "friend request" and
"notifications" will light up red.

Bobble

Thank you!

Joy