Old April 20th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default recipe time: was : And...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
we recently got a waffle maker, DH has tried several recipes, none
are like you get when eating out, all were fine, but not much more
than pancakes... i want that crispy crunchy reall a waffle recipe,
this troll has given me the oppertunity to ask, Lee, who needs
comfort food right now

While we are waiting for someone with an actual recipe.

They will be more crisp if you add more oil or shortening to the
batter.

Finding the right temperature (not too hot) and letting the waffle
iron heat up thoroughly help too.

I'm always wanting to take them out too soon and then there is still
too much moisture in them and they wilt. I have to wait for the
waffle iron to stop steaming, then they are done.

Jo