Old February 24th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Cats and Squirrel Logs

kraut wrote:

Went out to check and fill all the cat, squirrel, bird, etc feeding
stations so they could all eat the next morning and seen something I
never seen before.

I shined the light on the squirrel logs and a pair of eyes shined
back. At first I thought it was a possum which there is a couple
around. Upon further looking it turned out to be one of the cats that
come around. He was setting on the platform in the tree chewing on
the yellow squirrel log which is primarily made up of corn.

There was still dry and wet cat food out but evidently the cat felt
like a change of diet. Never in all the years I been feeding animals
have I seen this before.

When I was in my teens we had a big orange tabby male who like corn on
the cob. MLB