Old October 4th 14, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Another Reason for Indoor Cats

Sorry, not trying to dredge up the age old debate again but I've just
discovered another reason for keeping cats indoors in South Carolina,
USA. Coyotes!

I always thought of coyotes as being a "western" US critter. Apparently
they have migrated:

http://www.thestate.com/2014/09/29/3...d-to.html?rh=1

A rabid coyote bit a person in Okatie, SC on September 29th. They are
as big as, and often mistaken for, German Shepherds. The coyote tested
positive for rabies. The person is undergoing treatment. (Another
reason to keep cats - and dogs - indoors... rabies.)

Until I saw the headline in a [different] local newspaper I had no idea
there were coyotes in South Carolina.

Jill