Old July 6th 04, 08:24 PM
PawsForThought

From: (---MIKE---)

I have several cans of cat food (Innova, Nutro, and Whiskas) that have
been in the cupboard for quite a while (I now feed Wellness). These are
all well past the "best by" dates. Should I throw them away or give
them to a shelter?

Considering the high temps pet food is cooked at, it should probably be fine.
Ask the shelter if they would like it, and then they can ascertain whether or
not the food is spoiled. I know with human food, if it smells bad, then I
throw it away. But I'm sure this is different with pet food, lol.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe