Old September 30th 18, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for this part of South
Carolina. Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma) with
me. Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid. She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be
petted and comforted. When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and
hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms. I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather. Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm. She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill