Old September 30th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

Default Scardy Cat! (Buffy)

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 9/30/2018 1:21 AM, joy wrote:
On 9/29/2018 5:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand. There are usually afternoon thunderstorms
starting around May every year. It's typical for this part of South
Carolina. Buffy has been through two hurricanes (Matthew and Irma) with
me. Wind and rain never bothered her, nor did thunder or lightning.

A thunderstorm came through this afternoon and for some reason she was
afraid. She alternately ran and hid or climbed up my my lap to be petted
and comforted. When the thunder clapped loudly she'd run and hide again.

She never used to be afraid of storms. I kept telling her, it's just
noisy weather. Poor girl.

Tonight all is calm. She's snoozing on the sofa.

Jill

They like lulling us into a sense of knowing what to expect. Then they
pull something like this to throw us off.

Of course. But she seemed seriously afraid of the noisy weather. I
don't think she wa pulling a trick. I think she was actually scared.

Fortunately the storm blew through and last night was quiet. All day
today has been sunny and quiet.

Jill

It's a funny thing. My cats can have no fear of something one day, then be
afraid the next, then back to no fear.

The important thing is to comfort them when they are afraid, and I know you
do that for Buffy 3

Rain, Rain and more rain here in Milwaukee. Maybe pick up another 1 to 3
inches this week :-(

--bill_n