Old April 10th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default anyone has PC pet insurance?

W. Leong wrote:
That's what I've been thinking in the past.
But the 2 visits to the vet in the last couple of weeks already cost
more than one year of premiums.
Granted, things like vacccnations and checkup won't be covered.
Someone once told me I always have the option of not treating a
serious illness like cancer if
I can't afford to pay for it.

Winnie

I don't know about Canada, but where I live not all vets accept pet
insurance. The Avian vet where I take Peaches accepts it, but the vet I
take Persia to won't, so I've never bothered to purchase it.

If you know your vet, they may be willing to work out payment arrangements
for you. My little dog Sampson (RB) got very ill the morning I was moving
to this apartment back in 1998 and I thought it was the end for him. It
wasn't, yet, but when I picked him up the next day the bill was over $400.
I had just paid out all this money to move - you know how it is, paying
first/last month rent, security deposit, deposit to get the electric turned
on, etc. I started crying when the receptionist told me how much the bill
was. She said, "Oh, hey, don't worry. We can work something out." Because
he had been a patient there for 5 or 6 years, they broke the bill down into
increments and I was able to pay them a little each month.

The same thing happened when Persia had her emergency surgery in 2004. The
bill was almost $1,000. John (thank the lord) paid $900 of it but the
medications and other stuff, well... I was able to pay in increments because
they knew me and knew Persia.

Jill

"Chakolate" wrote in message
44.170...

If you started right now and put away the amount the insurance policy
would cost every month, I bet it would cover most of the vet bills.

Chak

--
Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from
molasses.