Old April 10th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default anyone has PC pet insurance?

"W. Leong" wrote in message
I understand that. But I am wondering whether I should get inurance for any
future problems
such as diabetes, kidney problems, hyperthyroid etc which are common among
older cats.
Currently Rusty does not have these problems, but as he ages he will be at
risk for them.
What do other cat slaves do as their cats age?

On the other hand, I don't even have supplemental medical insurance for
myself. I just got
the basic governement health insurance, and I am aging as well. But not
old enough to
qualify for senior health benefits. I can't even get critical illness
insurance as I am too old
for that.
So with Rusty's vet bills and my own health expenses I am looking at
potentially a large sum.
Not a pleasant thought. Some said health is more important than money. But
without money how do you pay for the needed medical services and drugs etc
to maintain ones'
health. I better stop before I get more depressed thinking about it.

Winnie

I already sent one message with my general thoughts on pet insurance (and
the route that I have taken). However, you have listed some very
specific -- and logical -- concerns. Have you talked to your vet about
this? I think a good vet might be in the best position to help you evaluate
the actual policy (such as, past record of coverage for illnesses in aging
pets and possibly a recommendation for specific companies to consider or to
avoid).

MaryL