Old August 7th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.rescue
studio

Default Here is kitten we rescued in Iowa while at daughter's

Kraut wrote:
We went to babysit my daughter's children in Davenport, Iowa from Michigan
and while there rescued a kitten that her niegnbors left behind and it was
living and playing under the back porch. It was young enough yet where it
was still friendly and playfull. I was temped to bring it back to Michigan.
My daughters can not have pets so we took it to the Humane Society.

Here is the URL if want to check it out. She is an 8 week old calico they
named Callie. URL is

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6595197

What a qutie-pie she is.
She'll find a good home in no time at all.

Sunday I went to our local shelter to bring supplies to them.
(Once a year I do my charity thing that I pay for out of my own
pocket....even though I don't have a job right now).
I brought them 2 gals. of bleach, 4 bottles of dishwashing detergent,
10 rolls of paper towels, 600 6" paper plates, 28 cans wet food, 2 20lb
bags of dry food, 9 'mice' toys
a $40 cash donation and 3 papers I printed out on different topics
about cats they can tack on their bulletin board for prospective
'parents'.
Plus I got a chance to check out their operations and how they care for
the cats.
Everything in order, clean, and the attendants were friendly,
professional and caring.

Noah's Ark is all volunteers, does good work and has a 'no-kill'
policy.
http://www.noahsarknj.org/jvs/index.shtml