Old August 19th 03, 03:32 AM
Relish

kaeli wrote:
In article ,
enlightened us with...

[dewclaw removal]

Interesting. I never knew that about dogs.

i think the poster was referring to full declawing as a comparison to
cats, though. You know, maiming for convenience.

I think so, too, but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else
reading the thread got confuzzled. LOL
Dewclawing and declawing are so similar that when reading literature,
one might confuse the two terms.

i simply don't understand the strength-in-numbers argument here. As
I've said before, in the case of declawing, wrong is wrong. Doesn't
matter if one person or a billion do it, it's still wrong. theresore,
the whole who-does-what-where debate is silly.

Yeah, but "wrong is wrong" is a morality issue. That is a subjective
issue with no proofs, thus you really can't convince someone of it. Kind
of like all sensitive topics, including eating meat, abortion, religion,
etc, everyone has their own views. When trying to argue for a particular
view, it is generally easier to convince someone of something when you
give them facts and when you use an argument involving cultural
similarity. However, the cultural similarity issue was completely lost
on many of the participants.

Yeah, but there are some universal truths. Like murder and maiming
are just wrong. I don't buy the "everything is perception" cop out.