Old June 6th 05, 12:23 PM
Alex

"Steve Remington" wrote in message

My main question is: "Do you think that introducing them too quickly as we
did could have caused any long term effect on the likelihood of the two of
them getting on OK?" We know that Fidel may not get on as well with the
kitten as he did with the his brother but we would like to do what we can

do
to maximise the chance of a positive relationship between Fidel and the

new
kitten.

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to reply.
--
Regards,
Steve

Very interestied in yoru post - as we had 2 brothers (just domestic
shorthair moggies), one of whom ran away (rather than died), and we were
thinking of getting a kitten (a Burmese, coincidentally) to offer some
companionship to Khamun - although he doesn't seem to have missed his
brother too much., but they didn't seem to interract much when they were
together so maybe that's the explanation. Khamun is a very calm cat so I'm
hopeful that the introduction will go OK - he doesn't seem to get too upset
when a neighbouring cat comes in through the catflap and eats his food.
Although he does the same to him so he can't complain much... Are Burmese
quite a nice active breed? I find Khamun rather docile sometimes.