Old March 4th 15, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default My outside cat has an electric blanket

Yes. Feeding it Friskies (plus some Purina DH for tooth cleaning) seems
to have solved the straying problem. Apparently it wasn't so much my
interaction with it. Apparently it couldn't handle the moistened Purina
Pro Plan. I now have a (big) housecat that likes the moistened Purina
Pro Plan. The outside cat's problem might have to do with its feralness.

Thomasina came back!

I was feeding it Purina Pro Plan and Purina Veterinary Diets DH. It
liked the five dollars per pound DH. But I am not going to feed a
(neutered) stray cat five dollars per pound cat food alone. So I was
trying to mix in the relatively cheap Pro Plan. Being feral, it might
prefer wet food, but that wouldn't explain why it likes the DH. It
definitely likes Fancy Feast. I might try Friskies or some other
ordinary canned cat food with some DH for a tooth-cleaning dessert.

Before I started taking care of it, it had been in the neighborhood
for years. Unfortunately, it was part feral so it wouldn't make a
good pet. And a few days ago, it disappeared.