Old December 30th 03, 03:55 AM
MacCandace

What I'd like to know, but will probably never find out, is how this cow got
into the food chain in the first place, and why only after it got there, did
someone decide to raise a flag??

Judy

The way I understood it from what I read is that this was a dairy cow and the
only reason it was slaughtered is because it was ill and stumbling around. Now
that's what's really scary. A sick cow such as this is referred to as a
"downer" cow and only 10 percent of downer cows that are slaughtered are tested
so, conceivably, this could be a much huger problem. But really, how gross, to
pick a sick cow and purposely slaughter it and then have it sliced up and
rendered? Yuk.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)