Old June 6th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Default Amber's appetite

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
The last week or so, Amber has not been eating very much. When I was at
the vets with Tiger I asked him if there was anything I could give ti
Amber to spike her appetite. He gave me some Cyproheptadine pills with
the suggestion to give her 1/2 a pill once a day. Not wishing to "pill"
her, I split the pill into quarters and mixed two pieces with her canned
food last night. She didn't eat much but I think she ate the pieces.
This morning she ate a normal breakfast.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

That cyproheptadine is good stuff - there also is a stronger stimulant
called mirtazipine that is given about once every 3 days; I've had
experience with both. Glad to hear it's helping Amber - any ideas about why
she wasn't eating as much - a bad tooth maybe?
Christine