Old March 31st 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Better news fur Diana & Ryan

Fred, don't look too long at the forest or you won't see the trees. It is a
solution and since someone knows this person what you have to decide is
alone, separate or together. The door for this choice may not be open too
long. I know it isn't easy.
"Stacey" wrote in message
In article IbCdnbGjF4OOn2zanZ2dnUVZ_vamnZ2d@vianet, Fred Williams
says...

On Monday 31 March 2008 09:49, Will in New Haven wrote:

On Mar 30, 8:16Â pm, Fred Williams wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
OK,... I was ready early, on purpose, to take Diana to the foster
home and I thought we'd spend some time together. Â I lay on the bed
and Diana came right to me and lay on my chest and then stomache and
we purred together for half an hour or more and said goodbye.
Then it went well getting her out of the house, except when I forgot
the address and had to climb back up the stairs. Â Diana got a little
car sick but not too bad and the foster home where she is staying is
like cat heaven. Â She will be in a third floor loft they all the
dance studio which is nice and warm and Diana loves to be warm. Â It
has windows and places where she can watch all sorts of urban
wildlife in the trees around her. Â But of course she will be alone
except for the orange Tom downstairs, separated by a door for the
time being. It all went much more easily than I thought. Â I actually
felt not too bad as I left her and drove home. Â They are good cat
people and I can tell they will be gentle with her, as she has become
accustomed to. Then I get home and there is an email telling me that
an ex-rpcc member has a place for both Ryan and Diana!!! Â Wow!
Downside it that it's several hundred miles away, OK, can overcome
that, AND it's with a cat rescue person I've never heard of who has
43 cats already in her 2500 sq ft home. Â Hmmmmmm. Â Would this be a
kindness for my two children? Â I have talked to her by phone and she
seems like a wonderful cat person and is totally dedicated to these
animals, but I don't know if it would be wise. Â They get to be
together, and really together with a lot of other cats, and it might
be nice for them or it might be like a three ring circus.
What do kitties think? Â Is it a good deal?
Should I give the current solution a chance? Â I'm undecided yet, and
advise from kitties here would be helpful.

Frum wut Stacey anna Lucy sez it wooks wike a slam dunk too tak dem
too wiv wiff all da uvver kittees. Da Plas Diana iss at neow iz nis
butted dey cud bee togevver ann meet all doz nis kittees at da
wunnerful cat-ladeez plac.

It does look good. I have a small concern about what happens to
the
cats if, Heaven forbid, anything should happen to the cat lady. Also,
since it is a foster home, what do they, (probably Abbey Cat), do in
the way of guaranteeing that a home they adopt a kitty to is safe.
Here in Ottawa the cat rescue network people require an adopter to
sign
a contract guaranteeing a number of things; that the cats won't be
harmed or abused, that they won't be expeimented on, and that if the
adopter ever wants to get rid of the cat, they must return it to the
network. This prevents abuse of the cat by proxy. They also charge
the adopter with a good fee which makes it expensive for animal
experimenters as well. Then they do followups to make sure the
contract is being adhered to.
That level of security makes things pretty safe for the cat. If
they
have some care in this area, then it's a good thing.
I have another trusted person whom I haven't heard back from yet,
so I
haven't made my final decision, but it looks good for this effort in
keeping the cats together.

If you go to the How to Adopt and contact info page you can see that the
potential cat person is interviewed and has to fill out a form. There was
no
link to the form and it looks like you have to contact a foster person in
order
to get it.

Stacey