Old June 28th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

Default Nanki-Poo RB 6-27-08

Joy wrote:
Nanki-Poo is gone. I still can't believe it. He came into my life on
November 10, 2004. I took him to the vet this afternoon. His sores were
healing, and I was hoping I could soon let him go outdoors. I noticed he was
breathing hard when I took him out of the carrier at the vet's. So did the
vet's assistant. He was very anemic and had fluid in his chest. She gave him
oxygen, but said he'd need a transfusion, to have the fluid aspirated, and
various other things, and it probably wouldn't save him anyway. She said his
heart was greatly enlarged, and he was in heart failure. It tore me apart,
but I made the only decision possible. The poor little guy went through so
much, but at least he was loved for the last 3 ½ years of his life. I can't
write any more now.

Sympathies on your loss, and know that you made the best decision. It's
always so hard...

Deborah