Old August 21st 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

Default A Cat's purr

On 21 Aug 2006 01:01:11 GMT Cheryl wrote:

Isn't in very much like the human voice? When you talk, feel your own
throat. It vibrates the same way that a cat's purr vibrates her
throat. What is he trying to say? What words of wisdom does she have
for us that we can't hear with our inept ears? They purr when they're
happy. Anxious. Content. Hurting. Feeling loved. Scared. What purpose
does meowing serve? To be annoying, like a loud noise that you want
to go away .. now! No, the real talk is in the purr.

Well, AFAIK cats have developed meowing for the sole purpose of
communicating with us humans. Since we do not understand the
subtleties of cat language we have to be yelled at to start movin.

Squarely Yours
Michael

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with tomcat-cats Blacky and Merlin