Old July 6th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Caution: hunting in progress

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Boyfie is hunting again. He hasn't done it much since KFC passed away.
He brought me a very small mouse last night and then 15 minutes later he
came in with a twig and leaves in his mouth wowling (there was a small
mouse in there) I do not want him to find a nest of small fieldmice but
I don't want to discourage him about the small rats. He was out most of
the night looking for another one so I went to bed at 3 a.m when he was
still out. I like to have him inside by 12.

I know exactly what you mean about them killing the field mice but I don't
know what you can do to persuade him to only get the small rats.

I can't

Sootie loves to catch mice and I've had to harden myself to leave her with
one on the patio as I couldn't save it. I have saved quite a few though.
When she's on a hunt she won't come inside and I have to leave her out all
night, which I really don't like to do.

If Sootie is on a hunting spree, like Boyfie, you'll have to leave her out.
I stayed up until 3 last night to get him to come in but he was too excited
by his kills and wanted to try for another.
I have been tired all day.